Tuesday 1 September 2009

Cost of Remedial Massage

Remedial Massage and Accupuncture are eligible for most Health Fund benefits and Workers Compensation claims.

Cost: Remedial Massage

- $44.00    1/2 hour

- $ 80.00    1 hour

Usually, you have to pay for the service (out-of-pocket) and they will provide you a receipt. You show the receipt to your Health Fund to claim it back.

Make sure the receipt includes the following information:

- Date

- Your Name (customer)

- Amount paid

- Name of service provided (ex: 1/2 hr Remedial Massage)

- Name and address of provider

- Name of the person who conduct the service

- Association member number



Health Fund needs to validate that above information before you can claim.

Not decided how to claim back my out-of-pocket. Should I mail my claim or visit the Health Fund office.

After few days, I decided to visit the Health Fund office to take my claim.

I show my Health Fund ID and the actual receipt. They validate the provider is registered, paid my claim and took the original receipt.

No comments:

Post a Comment